How do I open an account with Davy Select?
Davy Select offer two execution-only account types for those who are comfortable making their own investment decisions without advice.
Personal Investment Account: Click here to open an account online
Pension Accounts:You can call us on 01 614 3311 or click here to request a callback.
- If you have an intermediary or investment adviser, further account options are available. Please contact Davy Select or your intermediary for further information.
What documents do I need to open an account?
To open a Davy Select account you will need to provide documents for:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- PPS verification
Additional documents may be required depending on your personal circumstances and choice of account. More details on the documents required are provided with the application form.
For joint applications, verification documents are required for each applicant named on the account.
What is the minimum amount required to open a Davy Select Personal Investment Account?
The Davy Select Personal Investment Account (Execution-Only) has a minimum initial investment of €500.
How our online application process works
An online application for the Davy Select Personal Investment Account is available for execution-only clients. (Please note that corporates currently cannot avail of an online application. Please contact Davy Select for further information on opening a corporate account).
Once you have filled in your details you will be asked to upload your supporting documents. These will be attached to the account application.
Before you can submit your completed application, you must sign it. This can be done digitally. For more details on how to do this please see the ‘Signing your digital application’ section below.
Save and resume your online application
You can save and resume your application at any time by clicking the 'Save and resume later' button on the left-hand side of the screen on desktop devices or in the menu on mobile devices.
Take note of your application reference, which is displayed on every page of the application. You will need this to resume your application.
Once you save the application, you will be sent an email with a link to resume the process. This email will also contain your application reference code.
Two – Factor Verification
When you are resuming an application, you will be prompted to enter a two-factor verification code for security purposes. This verification code will be sent by SMS to the mobile phone number you entered in the application.
If you are resuming a joint application, you will be asked if you are applicant 1 or applicant 2. This will determine which mobile phone number the two-factor verification code will be sent to.
Single vs. Joint Application
If you are applying for a joint account, both applicants must complete the information in the application.
Email addresses can be unique to each applicant.
For joint applications the mobile number must be unique for each applicant.
Signing your digital application
Once you have uploaded your verification documents you will be asked to complete your application by signing it.
1 For security reasons we use 2-Factor Authentication for digital applications. You will be sent an authentication SMS with a verification code to the mobile phone number which you have provided, and you will be asked to confirm this code.
2. Agree to sign electronically
- Review the consumer disclosure. Once you are happy to agree to the consumer disclosure, select the checkbox I agree to use Electronic Records and Signatures. Click CONTINUE to begin the signing process.
3. Ensure that you review and are happy that the information you have provided in your application form is correct by using the scroll bar on the right-hand side. You have the option at this stage to return to your application to make any necessary amendments to the information you have provided so far.
4. Start the signing process
Scroll through the information contained in the application form using the side bar scrolling tool until you reach the signature(s) section.
- Click the START tag on the left to begin the signing process.
- You are taken to the first tag requiring your action.
- Click the SIGN tag. You are asked to Adopt Your Signature.
5. Adopt a signature by doing one of the following:
- Accept the default signature and initial style and go to the next step.
- Click Change Style and select a different signature option.
- Click Draw. Draw your signature/initials using a mouse, or your finger or a stylus on a touchscreen.
6. Save your signature
- Click ADOPT AND SIGN to adopt and save your signature information and return to the document.
7. Confirm signing
- When you are satisfied that all information you have provided in the document is correct and have provided all relevant signatures, confirm by clicking FINISH.
- This is the final step of the application process and your application will then be submitted to Davy for processing.
In the case of joint accounts, the signature process will then be repeated for the second account applicant. Please note that in the case of joint accounts we cannot start processing your application until we have received signatures from both applicants.
How do I check on the status of an application?
We endeavour to open all accounts within 48 hours once we have received all necessary documents.
Once your account has been set up you will receive a call from a member of the Davy Select account opening team to inform you of your client account reference number. Your client account reference number is a 7-digit number which you will need for trading on your account.
We will then send you your username and password in the post to the address which you have provided. These details will be required when you are logging into myDavy.
If you do not receive your myDavy username and password within five working days after submitting your completed application including all documents and signatures, please contact us:
- 01 614 8900 for Personal Investment Account
- 01 614 3311 for Pension Accounts
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org